Performance Masking Protocol | Alter Ego
How to create an alter ego which produces peak performance results.
Today I was listening to this training by Todd Herman and it just resonated with me so I decided to do a blog!
So what is performance masking protocol and alter ego, I can hear you all silently asking yourselves. Let me explain.
Watch my video I did on this and then read the rest of the blog.
Performance Masking Protocol
There are 5 stages to this protocol and they are:
- The Personal Limits Analysis
- The Talent Magnifier
- The Origin Profile
- The Artefact Enhancer
- The Immersion Experience
Each of these 5 area’s will have their own main categories under each stage. I won’t go into all of this in too much detail but will just lightly touch on some of them to give you an idea of what I mean by performance masking protocol and creating an alter ego to help you create peak performance results in your business.
Sound like something that would interest you? Join me and I can help you through the steps below, click here now.
The Personal Limits Analysis
The Personal Limits Analysis is all about unpacking the parts of your personality that holds you back. And they typically fall into 3 main categories…
These categories I will give you examples of so you can see what I am trying to explain:
- JUDGEMENT ~ What you are concerned other people will judge you for IF you chase your goals or take the actions you’ve been putting off?
- WORRIES ~ What are you worried about with regards to your ultimate goals you’re striving for?
- FEARS ~ What are the irrational fears and stories you’re telling yourself?
The Talent Magnifier
The Talent Magnifier is where you shine a light on the natural parts of you
OR someone you’d want to be like that would be the most beneficial to helping you become successful in the field of work you’re in or business.
Again this one has 3 main categories as well to organize your thinking under:
- PHYSICAL ~ How do you see yourself looking when at your best? What would your body language be like? What would other people see when looking at you? Envisage this in your mind, write it down.
- MENTAL ~ When at your best what are you thinking? What do you think about yourself? Again, write this down.
- EMOTIONAL ~ How are you feeling about yourself and the work you’re doing? What are the top 3 emotions you consistently feel as your best business self? Be honest with yourself, and write your feelings down .
The Origin Profile
The Origin Profile is about inspiration. It’s critically important that we develop a story about our alter ego’s origin. Humans are storytelling machines and if you don’t develop a story about where your alter ego is from and going too then you’ll have a thinly veneer that won’t stand up to the pressures of life.
When you connect to the story of who you are, what you’re about and what you stand for, you develop a deeply resonant connection to this new version of yourself.
Some questions to think about:
- Are there any people you respect?
- Or would like to be like? Why?
- What are their qualities?
- Is there a character from the movies, TV, Books etc. who inspires you? Could you take on parts of that character?
Once more, write your answers down.
The Artifact Enhancer
The Artifact Enhancer is a physical object you’ll use to help ground you into your character or alter ego. It’s explicitly ONLY used when you are stepping into that character or heightened version of yourself.
It could be something you wear, use or see. For example, a pen, a piece of clothing that makes you feel good, a peak cap and so on.
Here Todd Herman gave the example of the glasses that he wears. Not because he cannot see, but because he felt he looked very young when he was first asked to give a presentation that he ‘believed’ no one would see him as a figure of authority, so he wore glasses. This gave him the ‘power’ he needs to feel comfortable talking to his audience
The Immersion Experience
The Immersion Experience is about bringing all of the pieces together and causing your alter ego to come alive. A couple of the key parts of this process are:
- Establishing the real sensory experience of what it’s truly like to be this character, alter ego or whatever you’d like to call it. Engage all the senses.
- Linking the artefact with the sensory experience so that when you put it on, use it or see it – there’s an immediate shift in your demeanour.
This a very simple part of the process, BUT it’s something that takes practice. You’re trying to create a powerful trigger effect so that the best version of yourself shows up automatically.
This process will still allow you to be YOU at home and with your friends, but the true Immersion Experience is what you become when you are seen in your business.
Be deliberate to best serve the outcome you are looking for but remember, you still have to offer Value!
This will help you remove all that friction and fear you feel during your day when working. Try it and leave me your comments below as to how it works for you
I hope you found my blog on
Performance Masking Protocol interesting
“Ben Franklin once said, ‘Most people die at 25 and aren’t buried until they’re 75.’ Life is a blisteringly short cosmic blink. Rise and Grind’’
I would love to mentor or coach you to becoming your true self.
Remember ~ BE AMAZING